Saturday, September 18, 2010

The Foal

This is another poem I wrote last night, and I hope you enjoy it.


The beautiful stallion glances my way arrogantly
But I am not even paying the slightest interest in him
It's the white foal
Lying on the floor
Fast Asleep
Yet in his awkward slumber
There's something about him that's enchanting
I wanted that horse,
Oh, I wanted him badly
But when I asked the man for him, he told me he was already sold
I continued to observe this horse
Trying not to get too attached
However what I sought was simply not possible
I fell in love with that horse
And I felt my heart belonged to him
As I watched him day by day
I yearned even more to meet him
Then one day I watched him leave to go to his new home
And as he trotted away,
Along left my heart.

2 comments:

pink dogwood said...

nice and sad :)

Vaidegi J said...

such lovely use of words and imagery too! great work, for someone so young! loved it! :)