Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Sorrow takes too much work

Smiling takes effort,
when a frown will do just as well
just some way to shape your lips
when most of the time not a single soul will notice
but we still try and put on a show.
Whether I smile or frown, is all a part of the role I play.
Apparently showing the pain or hiding it
shows our judges of character.
And whether I want to roll up in a ball
and hide behind a wall of sheets
is my decision.
It doesn't show that I am weak,
and do not belong here.
Then does smiling show that I am a fool
with no heart
and am just an empty shell without a soul.
Either way I am judged incorrectly.
So I chose to neither smile nor frown.
Both take too much effort,
but still cost the same amount of pain.

2 comments:

pink dogwood said...

I wish you a lot of smiles - not forced smiles, but smiles that burst out from within :)

Unknown said...

wow!! this is good. keep posting . would love to read ur works.