Thursday, August 20, 2009

My Friend Moon.

I wrote this poem at 6 in the morning on our way to Disney world. The moon was shining bright and beautiful in the sky, so I simply had to write about my friend the moon.

My Friend the Moon.
I have no idea where I am,
we pass so many things, unknown to me,
all unfamilar.

There's only one thing close to me.
The only thing familar.
That follows me wherever I go.

His thoughts are always surronding me,
Listening to whatever I may say.
I think of him, and what I would do without him.
I cannot Imagine it.
I just can't.

He feels how tense I am, and trys to make me relax.
Whispering thoughts in my ear.

But the one thing thats sticks out,
Is that I'll always have home waiting for me,
with people I know and love.

And wherever I may go in life,
the moon well be there too.
Right there beside me.

4 comments:

pink dogwood said...

why were you tense? I was the one who had to drive 900 miles :)

I like the poem - moon was a constant companion on our trip :)

karen said...

I also love that about the moon. Sometimes my mom and I look at the same moon, and feel connected even though we are on different continents :)

Meghana said...

yup THanks :)

Sylvia K said...

I love your moon poem! I'm sorry I haven't visited lately because I have been out of town, but now I can come -- very happily I might add -- to read your lovely words! You have so much talent! Don't stop writing!

Enjoy your day!

Sylvia