Sunday, August 16, 2009

Adarsh's Graduation Poem

On August 1st, obviously a long time ago ( I haven't written for awhile because my family went on a vacation to Disney World because I had to go there and perform a few dance with my ballet school, and we had an amazing time. There was even a workshop where Goofy came and danced with me and my dance class. We even learned a number from the Hollywood Studio's "Beauty and the Beast" production. The downside was that I didn't get to write very much), anyways, On August 1st, we were having a Graduation party for my cousin Adarsh. He is going to college this fall. A bunch of us were told to bring something inspirational. So here is the poem that I wrote and spoke aloud for him before we cut the cake.

So, Here it is:

Adarsh's Graduation Poem

We look up to you,
Us little ones,
We watch, and admire, your every move,
Hoping to be as great as you are,
Someday.
Now is your moment to shine,
You may not know it,
But you are one of a kind,
And there is nobody like you.
Success will surely come your way,
But remember,
Success is not something given to you,
You must earn it on your own.
And sometimes,
When you are really overwhelmed,
You may want to give up, and come back home.
But stop,
Think of the journey it took to get you there.
Are you just going to throw that all away?
Please don’t, because we at home are counting on you,
Not to give up.
So go on,
Show us all what you can do,
And we shall be waiting,
Right here at home, missing you.

5 comments:

pink dogwood said...

I loved it then - I love it now :)

pink dogwood said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
bodaat said...

I don't know how old you are, but your poems speak to so much maturity! nice work!

pink dogwood said...

bodaat - she is 12 :)

Sylvia K said...

And I love reading this! What a lovely gift for your cousin. Your talent for writing is exciting to me as a former English teacher!

So glad you had fun at Disney World! I have a daughter who was also a ballet dancer so I know how much fun you must have had!!

Remember to laugh and enjoy!

Sylvia