Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Favorite Sayings

I know I usually write poems but I want to share some of my favorite sayings. A few of them I made up, so if you're confused just as me, and I'll explain, but here's the list of them.
  • Live Life to the fullest
  • Don't do what you love, love what you do
  • mistakes are good, you learn from them
  • friends are more important than $money$
  • whoopsie doodle!
  • If you know somethings wrong, take it upon you to make it right
  • Don't rock your world, make your world ROCK
  • The true meaning of friendship... isn't just one thing. It's MANY.
  • Beauty's in the eye of the beholder
  • a pictures worth a thousand words
  • make a wish
  • being perfect isn't everything, especially if you hate it
  • all is fair in love and war!
  • True friends are hard to find but when you find one, you sure are lucky!

Okay this one's one I made up, so I''l explain it so you don't get confused

I wrote an earlier poem called the puzzle of your life, and this refers to that. Here's the phrase first:

In the puzzle of your life, if one of the pieces doesn't fit, chuck it out the window. It means nothing to you.

I was referring to say a friend that you realized didn't really like you, or were using you, then you have to ignore them and move on with your life, so forget about them, and keep moving. So pretend they are a puzzle piece or something, and just through them out the window
( not literally of course) but you get the idea.

Thanks

6 comments:

karen said...

Hi Meghana. I enjoyed your list of favourite sayings! Yes, life is a bit like a puzzle sometimes.. hope you have a great weekend :)

ArvindS said...

Very nice set of sayings. Love the one about "Being perfect is not everything..." and the last one you say you made up. Very true.

By the way, "a pictures worth a thousand words" should be "A picture IS worth a thousand words".

Great job with your blog keep it up.

ArvindS said...

Hey, Here are a couple more that I sent to Adarsh last summer. Words said to a coworker by her dad -

"Make excellence a habit." - Once you embark on a path, try to stay single-minded in the purpose and bring a certain amount of intensity to that responsibility. Continuously make investments in your talents and capabilities

"Chart your own course and follow your bliss" -- i.e., enjoy what you do and the success/rewards will follow.

Sylvia K said...

Hi Meghana,
Haven't visited you and your Mom's blog for a while and I have missed you both. Love all of your sayings and they are wise ones! Keep writing, you're very good at what you do and I always enjoy visiting you!

Have a great day tomorrow!

Sylvia

Unknown said...

the last thing you wrote about the puzzle -- i like that.a lot of wisdom there. you are wise for a 12 year old

Nishant said...

life is a bit like a puzzle sometimes.. hope you have a great weekend :)

Work From Home