Wednesday, July 29, 2009

I am

This is perhaps the very first poem I ever written, during a boring day of school in September when they were explaining the rules to the new sixth graders for the millionth time that week. I found it today cleaning my room. I liked it so much that I rewrote the poem on a fresh sheet of paper, then I crumpled up the first copy and threw it on my desk and went downstairs to show my mom. She said this is her favorite one ever and I think it's mine too. I decided to share it with all of you, So here it is:

I AM
I am an individual who loves to be,
as quiet as the morning sea,
I can be as loud as a new drum,
I see a bright future for me to come,
I seek to help others in need,
and help to plant more tree seeds.
I will help to right what I think is wrong,
and hum along to the bird's new song.
I want to challenge myself all I can,
It is a part, of my life's game plan.
I'm a cloud as soft as can be,
a river that flows into the deep blue sea,
I'm a brave warrior you know,
and that part of me shall never go.
I am myself and that's all I'll ever be,
Even if I grow as tall as a maple tree.
For I am, Me and that's all I can be.
Hope you all like this one!
Please Comment,
Thanks,
Meghana :)

11 comments:

pink dogwood said...

like I said - this is my most favorite so far :)

Meghana said...

Thanks

Unknown said...

Wow ! I like this too.

I AM ---

Tessa said...

'I Am' is absolutely wonderful, Meghana! A truly beautiful poem. I think my favourite lines are 'I'm a cloud as soft as can be,/a river that flows into the deep blue sea' Such lovely imagery.

Keep on being you because you are ultra special! And most of all, keep on writing poetry. :-)

karen said...

This is such a lovely poem, and says a lot about who you are - a very special person! I also enjoyed your previous one, about memories - it's very true...

Shails said...

This is such a wonderful poem.It is wonderful that you 'know' yourself. Good for you.

pRiyA said...

Beautiful! enjoyed this.

Deb said...

Hi ~ I laughed when I read the part about the teachers having to explain the rules over and over to the students at the beginning of school. I used to be a teacher and I hated the part of the new school year when I would have to repeat rules a zillion times. What a wonderful poem ~ positive and upbeat! I like the feeling of confidence that comes through. May you always believe in yourself! I love reading your poetry. Keep on writing!

megha puNAter" said...

lovely meghana, you have talent with words keep going :)

Rosaria Williams said...

Your poem is a great declaration of who you are and how you see yourself. Well done.

Sylvia K said...

Absolutely beautiful! And it most certainly is, as lakeviewer said, a declaration of who you are, how you see yourself and that will take you far, my young friend!

Always enjoy each day, it is a gift!

Sylvia