Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Clouds

Today on our daily walk, I look up into the sky and my mom says, did you draw your clouds today?
And I say, no mom sorry, I forgot.
She looked disappointed. She asks us(my sister and I) to draw something each day and for the past few days we seem to have forgotten to draw these clouds she has wanted. So I wrote this for her. So mom, this one is for you!

Clouds
What are these gray puffs that are always in the sky,
day and night.
Or perhaps a big cotton candy machine has exploded.
Why,these shapes are like Magic!
They can block the sun, the stars, and the moon.
And they can change shapes before our very eyes.
Look, they are most certainly always moving.
But the can change different colors too,
depending on what mood they are in.
For it seems, that they do have feelings too,
just like me and you.
When they are upset, they cry great tears, the size as our own.
(Except theirs can fill rivers and end droughts.)
Maybe it's because someone for them is gone.
So they get upset about that and cry their hearts out.
For everything surely has a heart.
Just because we cannot see it doesn't change the fact that its possibly still there.
Right?
But what is this mysterious creature?
That haunts our night sky,
and is our friend when we walk on our way to school.
Watching over us.
So come meet your new friend.
Cloud.

5 comments:

pink dogwood said...

I love it - this is great :) Thanks much :)

Lori ann said...

i enjoyed reading your poetry very much! you have a wonderful imagination, i could picture those clouds you saw today.

Lakshmi -Celebrations said...

Baby,i enjoyed what you have written.wonderful imagination.keep it up.

Deb said...

Great job describing the clouds. I love the part about the cotton candy machine exploding - it really is a wonderful way to describe the clouds that I see above me. Thanks for sharing this with us.

Meghana said...

Your welcome mom,
and Thanks you all so much, I described the clouds in one of the best ways that I could then but I am sure if I go and read the poem in about a year, I would find a bunch of corrections, Again Thanks so Much!!!

~Meghana
:)