Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Memories

This poem I wrote last night but I was too tired to post it on my blog. Hope you like it:)

Memories
Our bad memories hurt us, as bare feet on shattered glass, and may haunt us our entire lives.
And our good memories, may sometimes be in our hearts,
as a needle in a haystack. And the needle tends to be the good memory.
But we should not be letting our good memories be torn from us. No. We should place them deep within our hearts, never to be forgotten. And the bad memories, should be the needle within the haystack. And let us learn from these memories. Sometimes the ones you love, try to protect you from having these memories. But they have to know, and let them know, that you will make your own memories, and good or bad, they should be your own.

7 comments:

pink dogwood said...

I hope the bad ones are very few and your life is filled with good ones :)

Meghana said...

Yes for I am sure that is true currently, but life is a long journey ahead.

Meghana said...

you may never know what will happen next or in your entire future.

Maya Ganesan said...

Oh, I really like the line 'as bare feet on shattered glass' -- it's lovely imagery. Your mom let me know about your blog; I'm enjoying your poetry. Keep on writing!

bodaat said...

love the last line. :)

Meghana said...

Thank you so much! I wrote this poem once I realized, that people will make their own mistakes. No matter how hard you try to prevent it, it will happen. But that's the beauty of life. We'll make our own mistakes,and we learn from them. And in the end, it becomes a part of who you are.

Sylvia K said...

Truer words were never spoken or written and they are particularly wonderful coming from one so young, but so very wise!

And I just read your last comment above and I'm amazed and delighted with your wisdom! We should all be as wise as you, Meghana!

Much love to you,

Sylvia