Wednesday, July 22, 2009

The Lonesome Tree

When my family and I were leaving clothes after shopping for clothes, we saw the beautiful sky and it was like a navy blue color. and there right in front of the store across the street was this tree sitting all by itself surronded by the pavement and cars. So when I got home I asked my mom what to write a new poem aboutand she said the tree in the parking lot with the navy blue sky. So here is the poem of The Lonesome Tree.

The Lonesome Tree
When the sky becomes dark at night,
but not as dark as black,
but a dark blue,
a navy blue.
A lonesome tree I noticed,
sat by itself,
longing for a friend.
The squirrels and birds that live in the tree,
would like a new friend or two.
But frankly that is not possible.
For the lonesome beautiful tree,
is in the middle,
the middle of a
Parking lot.

9 comments:

pink dogwood said...

beautiful :)

Meghana said...

Thanks! :)

Rosaria Williams said...

Meghana,
I came from your mother's blog. I used to be a teacher in middle school-where you might be right now-teaching writing and literature. When I asked my students to write poems, they were not as enthusiastic as you are. I notice that you can easily capture a scene for its uniqueness, as you did in this poem.

Congratulations: this poem has vivid imagery and a poignant ending. Brava.

Rosaria Williams said...

Megnana,
It is a pleasure meeting you. I hope you keep on writing and sharing.

karen said...

Hi Meghana, I'm visiting from your mom's blog, and have read all your poems. They are beautiful, and I can see you are such a nature lover.. I'm sure you love hugging trees, just as I do?

Paula said...

Your poems capture my heart in the way as you are able to capture the depth of a moment.

Tessa said...

Oh, I do know what you mean about a lonely tree surrounded by concrete and cars. But I think they're happy really because they can provide shade for us when it's hot, and shelter for birds and they can rustle and dance in the wind and look gorgeous against that navy blue sky.

How lovely to 'meet' you, Meghana - I will be back to visit you to read more of your wonderful words and poems. This is such a very special and beautiful blog.

bodaat said...

oh my gosh, i love this one too!! nice work!

Meghana said...

Thanks to all of you, I am glad to write and I try to post as often as I can. Its so nice to here from all of you. I have seen your blogs before and they are all wonderful. Again Thanks so much, and I will write again soon, very soon.


~Meghana :)