Sunday, July 19, 2009

Nature

Here is the first poem I wrote on the first day of my summer vacation, where I imagined myself at a party at my aunts house and I was laying on the big trampoline, all by myself.

I look up at the leaves whispering amongst themselves,

mixing in with the sounds of nature, and the sounds of people laughing,

screaming, whispering, and crying. Inbetween the leaves, the shining bright stars

glisten above, as if they weren't real. As if they are a figment of my imagination. As

I look up upon the sky of green, black, brown, silver, and gold, I hear the calling of

the birds, the owls, as I gently fall asleep; keeping a mute on the music of life

surrounding me.

3 comments:

pink dogwood said...

Meghana I love this one :)

pRiyA said...

I read through all these poems and they are so moving and exquisitely written. I can't quite believe this is the writing of a twelve year old (pardon me, I don't know much about children). This seems to be written by a wise and beautiful soul. I assume thats because it comes straight from the heart.
I am so glad you decided to share your writing with us at blogland. Thank you. I am privileged to read this.

Meghana said...

Thanks so much! I am happy to become a part of "blogland".